Monday, March 06, 2006

Bumps and Flip-Flops

I'm turning into a navel-gazer.

In the evenings, usually around 6:00 until I go to bed, Gwennan wakes up and makes her presence known. She bumps and kicks and flips around. It's so fascinating to pull my shirt up over my belly and just watch. My belly will go lop-sided, or a big wave will go across it, or just little bumps over here, then over there. I just sit there and stare at it in wonder and delight.

It amazes me how my emotions have taken off concerning this little person. I love her so much and I've never even met her. I don't know what she'll look like or what her personality will be, but I feel a fierce kind of protective love for her. It's such a strong feeling that sometimes it causes me anxiety, because I worry about her being healthy and coming out okay. Especially with all the stuff that's been going on with Catri's mom lately. The stress that Mark and I have been under trying to deal with her and the child support and visitation issues has been unbelievable and sometimes I fear that it will send me into premature labor. So I've just been praying a lot that God will keep Gwennan healthy and in my belly until she is fully formed and ready to come out. And that he will help me to let go of all this anxiety and worry and focus on what really matters - Mark, Catri and Gwennan and the happiness of our little family together.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home