Tuesday, February 14, 2006

Grumble, grumble, grumble ...

Dawn and Charles treated Mark and I to dinner at Houston's last night for my birthday.
Well, more accurately, it was Dawn's dad who treated us. He has this wonderful habit of sending them gift certificates to Houston's on a regular basis, and this is the second time Dawn and Charles have shared their good fortune with us.

We sat at a round table with these very chic black leather chairs (nothing but the chic-est stuff for Houston's.) Unfortunately, as chic as they were, they were horribly uncomfortable for a 7 month pregnant woman. I adjusted the best I could, but when I went to bed last night my hips were killing me and I basically tossed and turned in pain all night, never able to get comfortable, never able to fully get to sleep. I'm still in pain this morning and now I get to go to work and sit in the uncomfortable desk chair there.

The good news, though, is that this is my last week at work. I'm training another lady how to do the oh-so-complicated work that I do that takes up 6 hours out of my week and then I'm done!

This will allow me to focus more time & energy at home preparing for Gwennan and doing housewifing & home administrator stuff. (I like to call myself the home administrator, since I take care of our budget planning, paying the bills, dealing with insurance & utility companies, etc. It's amazing how much of one's time this actually takes up.) I'll also have more time to give to Grace Connections. I volunteered to do some administrative work for them a few months ago, but things have been coming up a lot lately to hinder me from actually doing much so far.

Oh, and Dawn & Charles gave me a great birthday gift: their old Nikon N80 camera, which they don't use much anymore since they've gone digital. It's actually just a loan, but my old Nikon 2020 has been dead since last summer and I haven't been able to do much creative photography since. I have my little Sony digital point-and-shoot camera, but it's so limited and actually a big pain in the butt to use. I could never do anything truly creative with it. So I'm excited to start shooting again.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home