Tuesday, February 21, 2006

Prayer Request for my Brother

Well, it's finally happening. My brother and his wife are going their separate ways. I spoke to Marc yesterday, and he's such a hurting puppy. His plan right now is to quit his job and come live in Marietta with my mom and stepdad until he can get back on his feet. He really likes the company he's working for (a pest control company in Lawrenceville), but they're small, don't have any branches down here in Marietta, and he can't see doing that commute every day. (Can you blame him?) So he's basically forced to quit and find something down near us. He gave his two-weeks notice yesterday.
He had such hurt in his voice yesterday when he said to me, "I'm losing my wife, my child, and my job in two weeks."
Selfishly, the good news for us is that he will be nearer and we'll hopefully see him more often. But I don't know - Marc and I are extremely different and have never been close. I love him dearly, but having him nearby may not really change anything between us. All I know is that he's going through such a difficult time, and I want to be there for him as much as I can.

Marc will start going for counseling with my mom's pastor once he gets down here.
Please pray for him, Tania, and Brenna when you think about it.
Thanks!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home