Wednesday, February 15, 2006

The family that yogas together, namastes together.

This past weekend I decided to do some yoga. I had ordered a prenatal yoga DVD that I thought would help me with my back and hip aches, and I hadn't tried it out yet. Catri was with us, and she often has back aches from doing gymnastics, so she wanted to try it too. She managed to talk Mark into trying it with us, so we pushed back the couch in the living room and the three of us did yoga together.
I wish so bad I had been able to get a picture of it because it was very funny, but there was no way Mark and Catri would have let me do that.
It was especially funny to watch Mark trying to contort his body into the yoga positions. Catri's pretty limber from gymnastics, so it wasn't too hard for her, and despite my being pregnant, I've done some yoga before, so I knew how to do the positions already. But Mark - he was twisting and bending all over the place and generally looked like a human knot. He didn't have that peaceful, relaxed look you generally expect from someone doing yoga.
Anyway, this was prenatal yoga. The video showed three women in various stages of pregnancy - first, second, and third trimesters. I followed the lady in the third trimester; Mark and Catri followed the lady in her first. The lady leading it kept referring to how this or that exercise would prepare you for labor or benefit the baby, which made Mark and Catri snicker.
When all three ladies sat on the floor to do Kegel exercises, Mark and Catri got confused looks on their faces because it didn't look like the women were actually doing anything. I fast-forwarded through that section.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home