Thursday, March 30, 2006

Weary

I'm tired.

It's just getting harder and harder to do much of anything. I have about 3 good hours in me during the day, and then I'm pretty much useless.

Today was a fun day. Bevin treated me to a pedicure at the Aveda Institute, then we went to lunch at the Corner Bakery, then we went to Target where I got some maternity gauchos:
















They're soft, cool, and cottony and not quite as horrifying as maternity shorts. Between now and delivery day I'll probably be in them all the time.
I started to wear out while Bevin and I were in Target, and by the time I got home I was nearly dead.

I had my weekly appointment at the OB this afternoon. The 24 hour urine test came back normal, but in the high end of normal. And my regular pee-check today still showed high protein, but not as high as last week, so they're taking a "monitor the situation" approach. I'm still to look out for signs of Preeclampsia, and they'll keep a close eye on my urine check every week, so we'll see how it goes.
Oh, and I'm sure this will come as a big surprise to all of you, but turns out Gwennan's a little on the big side.
Mark and I were looking at the preg photos Dawn took of me last month and we were both like, "Look at how small I was!!" Now I look like a house. A big, swollen house, complete with a 3 car garage.
This is why I'm praying Gwennan will come early. I'm ready to get my body back. Of course, the breasts will still belong to her for a while.

I hope to post soon about my baby shower last Saturday. I didn't take many pics, so I'm waiting to get some from Dawn and some others so I can post them. I will say that it was a great time. Generally I don't like showers very much, and I think that's mainly because of the games. Shower games can be so inane. But I requested no games at my shower, so we just ate, talked, and opened gifts. It was such a good time, and I felt so loved. I have wonderful friends.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home