Tuesday, December 13, 2005

Various and Sundry

I was so excited last week about the news of our baby girl that I totally forgot to mention anything else. Time to play catch up, I guess.
Mainly I just have some photos to share ...

Monday last week I went to Andrea's house and had brunch with the girls - Andrea, Carrie, Erika, Retha, and of course, Anna and Katie. Anna and Katie provided the entertainment.
Andrea asked Anna what sound a bear makes, and she responded with a "grrrr!!" which really fascinated Katie. I don't think she'd ever heard that sound before. Pretty soon they were both "grrring" around and making us laugh, which of course encouraged the bear imitations even more. Soon Andrea put on a little swing music and the girls started dancing for us. See pic below. It amazes me that I'm going to have one of these in just a few short months.




















Saturday night we went to Midtown's annual Christmas party. Joe Perri provided the music, Eatzi's provided the food. I had invited Mike and Kathy to come, since last year's Christmas party was Where It All Started. (Okay, well maybe not ALL, but I like to take credit where I can.) For those of you who don't know the story, Kathy was living in Colorado this time last year and came home for the holidays. I invited her to come to the party and bring a date. After thinking it over for a while she remembered this guy she'd met when she was working one weekend at Young Life's Sharp Top camp. He was the kitchen manager and they'd flirted pretty much the whole weekend. That was in May (I think.) She called him up, he remembered her, and he came to the party with her. They ended up spending every day of the rest of Kathy's vacation together, a few months later they were engaged, and in October they were married.
Anyway, I didn't think they were coming this year, since they both have crazy work schedules, but when Mark and I pulled up, there they were, walking up to the church! I was so excited. I haven't seen my Katie Bug in a while, and I start to have withdrawal symptoms when that happens. So I ended up spending most of the night talking to the Signorinis. How I love them so.














Kathy & Mike with their 5-dessert selection. The first year of marriage is kind of like the first year of college - there's that "Freshman 10". Or, in my case, a baby.



















Me & my Bug. Hello DM! Makeup much??


Finally just thought I'd share another sunset photo from our back yard. This was yesterday's sunset. I'll miss living in a hilltop house ...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home