Wednesday, November 02, 2005

If it's not one thing ...

it's another.

Mark and I finally got most (but not all) of the items on Evelyn-the-house-stager's to-do list done and our house was listed this week. (I'll give you all the FMLS number later so you can check it out online.) The yard is still a big issue, and the guy we thought we would hire to do the work is now saying he wouldn't be available to start work until Saturday, so Mark has decided to try to do most of it himself. Yesterday he went to Home Despot (no, that's not a type-o; that's how former employees of the big orange tyrant spell it) and bought an electric hedge trimmer. While he was trimming some of the front bushes, he discovered that the wood trim around the front windows was rotten through. It just crumbled when he applied a little pressure. So that's one more thing we have to spend money on to fix before we can sell the house. Just when we thought we were done ...
Anyway, we decided I would take care of trimming the hedges while Mark took care of some other stuff, and in about 15 minutes I had us heading to the emergency room to get stitches where the trimmer had chewed on my fingers. I guess it could be worse - I could have cut them off altogether.
I got 4 stitches on the middle finger and 2 stitches on the ring finger of my left hand. That's the first time in my life I've ever gotten stitches. We were only in the Kennestone ER for two hours, which has got to be a record. This morning my fingers hurt like a sonuvabitch and I can't straighten them because either the stitches are too tight or they're too swollen or a combination thereof. Our front hedges look good, though. ;o) Photo of my Frankenfingers is below, if you're interested.

You know, you'd think all this would really discourage Mark and me, and we are a little disappointed, but we're not discouraged. Somehow we both still have a strong sense that God loves us and is taking care of us. We don't understand all the obstacles and bumps in our road right now, but we know He does and that it's going to be okay. Last night Mark and I were talking about how all this stuff that is so beyond our ability to handle (the stress, the feeling of being overwhelmed, the mangled fingers) keeps us so close to our Father. Which I guess is right where we should be.










0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home