Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Sorry ...

It's just not so easy to blog these days.

Things are going well in the Rothnie household. Will is giving me an overnight feeding schedule that is liveable. I'm only getting up to nurse him twice a night now, instead of three times. And he's gotten quick about it, so I'm usually back in bed in about a half hour. Of course, I can't stay up past 9 for the schedule to work and give me enough sleep, but that's okay. Mark doesn't mind going to bed that early either, since he gets up at 5 every morning.

Gwennan is getting used to having a baby brother around. She gives him a kiss before bed every night and likes to check him out when he's awake. "He's got eyes open!"

Gwennan is in the throes of two-year-old-dom and challenging Mommy and Daddy as often as possible. At the same time, she still does some super cute, funny, and sometimes sweet things.
This morning she was playing with her Elmo doll and her "baby" Elmo doll. (The second one is about 3 inches tall.) She put them in my glider rocker chair and put baby Elmo up to "mama" Elmo and said, "He eating the boob!" She's pretty observant, I guess.

Gwennan is also getting better and better at talking. Lately she's been working on her present progressive verb tense:
"I running!"
"I dancing!"
But my favorite is "having":
"She having a pink shirt on!"
"I no having a pink shirt on!"

And if you hear her say, "I don't watch a movie," what she's actually saying is "I'm going to watch a movie." She hasn't mastered her "g" sound yet. It usually comes out "d", thus if you ask her name, she'll tell you it's "Dennan."

Finally, here's a couple of videos for your viewing pleasure.

The first is a video of Will for those who haven't seen him in person yet. He's pretty cute, if you ask me.



Next is a video of Gwennan and Will. Elmo and Cookie Monster wanted to see him.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home