Monday, June 26, 2006

Niki in the Gardens

So the Atlanta Botanical Gardens has a new exhibit going on called Niki in the Garden, featuring the art of Niki de Saint Phalle. When I looked at the photos online, I thought the sculptures looked a little weird and that I wouldn't like them, but they are actually really beautiful and so full of JOY. We went a few weeks ago when Mark's mom and stepdad were in town. I highly recommend a trip to the ABG to see the exhibit. It's the largest exhibition of the artist's work ever, and pretty much all the sculptures are intended to be touched and climbed on, so kids love it.
Here are some photos:

Catri on one of two climbable lions:



















An artsy shot:



















This is Louis Armstrong:



















I loved this one. I don't know what it was called, but I call it "Lactating Women" and I can totally relate:














A detail of one of the chair sculptures:














A kitty cat:














This was the most beautiful flower in the garden that day:














Catri under one of the sculptures:



















Here we are under the same sculpture:



















Mom and Don about to be eaten by a giant flower:



















I never write down the names of the flowers, so I have no idea what this is called:



















Another no-name flower. I liked how geometrical it was:














Mark flossing the teeth of the skull sculpture with Catri's arms:














The inside of the skull sculpture:














Lady riding a dolpin and holding a red ball:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home